Elizabeth H. Eastman
I am an instructional technology specialist at Mandarin Chinese Language Immersion Magnet School in Houston ISD. I work to support and extend students' learning of concepts and skills through the integration of technology. I think technology makes a difference in the connections students make to information and ideas, to one another, and to global audiences. It magnifies their interest and adds critical dimensions to the learning process--deepening and expanding collaboration, communication, and creation. I think enduring understandings that have leverage in other disciplines and situations are an outcome of creating original learning products. Technology is essential to creative expression, and digital tools offer natural differentiation for a range of styles, and abilities. I believe that continuously expanding my knowledge of rapidly changing technologies allows me to create learning experiences that are highly interactive, meaningful, challenging and relevant.
- Embedding technology applications, information literacy and 21st century skills across curriculum.
- Facilitating use of blended learning platforms and application of instructional data toward maximizing growth and acceleration of learning for all students.
- Guiding students’ creation of learning products that demonstrate essential skills in communication, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking.
- Scaffolding student research and project-based learning.
- Collaborating with teachers to incorporate digital resources and tools to improve quality of learning.
Previously Blogging @ L.I.T. (Literacy, Inquiry & Technology)